Search Postgresql Archives

Re: connect postgres using url

On 6/27/23 16:30, Adrian Klaver wrote:
On 6/27/23 16:14, Atul Kumar wrote:
HI,

Could you please help me in telling how I can connect my postgres database using http url ?

Are you actually talking about a Web based URL or a URI as in?:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/libpq-connect.html#LIBPQ-CONNSTRING

If you are talking about a URL then that would be to some Web service that is in the background connecting to the database. How that is done is going to depend on the Web service.

Realized that this was not good explanation, especially as a URL is specialized case of an URI. What I should have been asking is do you want a connection a URI that connects directly to the database or a URI in the form of a URL that points at Web resource that in turn, in the background, connects to the database?

What steps need to be taken care of ?

Please share any referral link, if possible.

Regards,
Atul

--
Adrian Klaver