Search Postgresql Archives

Re: When will trusted PL/Python be supported?

On 6/27/23 04:46, Bowen Shi wrote:
Dears,

It seems to me that we have untrusted PL/Python for a long time, but
till now we still do not support trusted plpython.

I'd like to know is supporting trusted PL/Python still in the
schedule? What is the reason for the current lack of support, and do
we have any relevant email discussion?

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/release-7-4.html

Release date: 2003-11-17

"
Make PL/Python an untr"usted language, now called plpythonu (Kevin Jacobs, Tom)

The Python language no longer supports a restricted execution environment, so the trusted version of PL/Python was removed. If this situation changes, a version of PL/Python that can be used by non-superusers will be readded.
"

The situation has not changed.

Regards
Bowen Shi