Hace you taken a look at dbt (https://www.getdbt.com/)? It's aimed at analytics but can be used for any purpose.

Regards,

Guillermo González de Agüero

El vie, 2 jun 2023 15:36, Oliver Kohll <oliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
Hi,

Just wondering, does anyone else create apps which might not have 'big' data, but quite complex arrangements of views joining to each other?

If so, do you have scripts to aid refactoring them e.g. drop/recreate/test them in the right order etc.?

I'm really impressed with the way Postgres handles these multi-layered views. Some of our explain analyze outputs could fill a book each! Tools like Depesz' can be very useful. Sometimes a little tweaking or a judicious index is necessary, but the performance is very reliable and scalable.

Blog post about it here: https://blog.agilebase.co.uk/2023/05/21/refactoring-sql-views/

Oliver

--
See us at the Bath Digital Festival, 12th July