Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pg_dump shell script with ~/.pgpass

On Thursday 27 January 2005 11:47 am, MargaretGillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx saith:

--

I don't know about .pgpass, so I can't help you with that. Root does run
cron.daily. You can setup your own personal crontab entries by issuing the

Do this with your personal account, not root. You will get a vi session when
you execute this command and then you can setup you backup to occur as you
desire.

Here is what mine looks like:
# min  hour      dom  mon  doy     command
  30   7,12,22     *         *         *      /esc/source.bkp
    0       22          *         *         *      cd /esc/pgrnd/prog;
./dbDump.sh rnd

Word wrap has screwed up the alignment, but you get the idea.

               http://archives.postgresql.org