Search Postgresql Archives

Re: order by

On 5/11/23 07:29, Marc Millas wrote:
Hi,

I keep on investigating on the "death postgres" subject
but open a new thread as I don't know if it's related to my pb.

I have 2 different clusters, on 2 different machines, one is prod, the second test.
Same data volumes.

How can they be sharing the same data 'volume'?

Do you mean you are doing dump/restore between them?

Postgres version for each cluster is?

On prod if I do
select col_a, count(col_a) from table_a group by col_a order by col_a desc,
I get the numbers of NULL on top.
To get the number of NULL on top on the test db, I have to
select col_a, count(col_a) from table_a group by col_a order by col_a asc.

so, it looks like there is something different within the b-tree operator class of varchar (?!?)
between those 2 clusters.

What can I check to to explain this difference as, to my understanding, it's not a postgresql.conf parameter.

thanks

Marc MILLAS
Senior Architect
+33607850334