Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Suppress logging of "pg_hba.conf rejects connection for host"

On 4/16/23 10:02, ertan.kucukoglu@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello,

One of the systems running PostgreSQL 14.7 receive a lot of lines like in
the subject. I have below pg_hba.conf line and that line causes these to be
logged.

host all all 0.0.0.0/0 reject

If possible, I do not want to see these lines in my logs. But, I failed to
find a parameter for it.

Is it possible to turn this specific message logging off?

1. Why do you need that line, instead of just allowing in the addresses you want?
2. Why are you getting so many "illegal" connection attempts?
3. Auditors like to see that you're rejecting "illegal" connection attempts.

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.