Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostgreSQL

On Sun, 2023-04-02 at 23:21 +0200, Joseph Kennedy wrote:
> I have one more question on this topic regarding Row Level Security.
>
> I would like to hide some rows for users who should have full rights to database
> eg. create Index, drop table, create tabel etc. but e.g.  create index can be
> done by owner or superusers but they are bypassed by Row Level Security.
>
> Is possible to use RLS for users who should have full rights to database ?

If "full rights" implies dropping tables, the user must either be the owner
of these tables or a superuser.  You cannot use Row Level Security with a
superuser.  You can use ALTER TABLE ... FORCE ROW LEVEL SECURITY, so that
Row Level Security applies to the table owner as well, but you cannot keep
the owner from disabling that setting.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe