Search Postgresql Archives

Re: uuid-ossp source or binaries for Windows

> On 15 Mar 2023, at 19:31, Mark Hill <Mark.Hill@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I’ve downloaded the PostgreSQL 14.7 source and building it on Windows 64bit and 32bit.
>
> I’m using the Visual Studio tools in the src/tools/msvc folder.
>
> I’m trying to build with the uuid extension but it looks like I need uuid-ossp installed in order
> to get it to work.

Do you need the extension specifically or does the built-in generator function
do what you need?

> The source download referenced in the Postgresql doc here, https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/uuid-ossp.html#id-1.11.7.58.6
> this source download,  ftp://ftp.ossp.org/pkg/lib/uuid/uuid-1.6.2.tar.gz, is Unix-specific as far as I can tell.
>
> Where can I find uuid-ossp for Windows, 32 and 64 bit, either the source so I can build it or
> prebuilt libraries?

I don't know windows at all, but uuid-ossp.dll is provided in the EDB packages
(looking at the binary zip bundle) so it's clearly available to be built.
Maybe someone from EDB can chime in with pointers for building on Windows so we
can update the docs accordingly?

--
Daniel Gustafsson