Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Help? Unexpected PostgreSQL compilation failure using generic compile script

On 12/03/2023 21:52, Tom Lane wrote:
Martin Goodson <kaemaril@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
So I simply removed the --with-gssapi, and tried again.
AND IT FAILED AGAIN.
This time it failed claiming it couldn't find the ldap library. Which is
most -definitely- present.
Hard to debug this sort of thing remotely when you don't supply the exact
error messages.  But ... do you have openldap-devel installed, or just
the base openldap package?

The compile step and make world steps work perfectly if the script is
run under root.
That is odd.  Permissions problems on the libraries, maybe?

			regards, tom lane

Hi, Tom.

Sorry, I can get the complete log tomorrow - it's on my work PC, not my home. I clearly made insufficient notes, for which I apologize :(

Not sure about permissions on libraries. We just open up a session under root and execute yum install <blah blah>, and that has always worked in the past. Not sure what I'd need to check? I can perhaps ask our friendly neighbourhood UNIX sysadmin to check those?

We did install openldap and openldap-devel, however:

yum install pam-devel
yum install libxml2-devel
yum install libxslt-devel
yum install openldap
yum install openldap-devel
yum install uuid-devel
yum install readline-devel
yum install openssl-devel
yum install libicu-devel
yum install uuid-devel
yum install gcc
yum install make

Regards,

M.

--
Martin Goodson.

"Have you thought up some clever plan, Doctor?"
"Yes, Jamie, I believe I have."
"What're you going to do?"
"Bung a rock at it."