Search Postgresql Archives

Re: EMBEDDED PostgreSQL

Hi Tom,

On Jan 25, 2005, at 4:35 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

Sorry, but any Windows user who thinks he doesn't need security measures
equivalent to (not "beyond") minimum Unix practice is a dummy about
security. Take a look at this LOAD vulnerability we're in the midst of
patching, and ask yourself whether you aren't glad that it can't be used
to get admin privileges on your Windows box.

So a vulnerability exists on Windows even if PostgreSQL is only accepting local connections?

The poster asked about embedded databases and that is what I'm trying to address. I realize this has been thoroughly hashed about in the archives, but I don't recall any discussion of PotgreSQL 8 on Windows.

Thanks,

John DeSoi, Ph.D. http://pgedit.com/ Power Tools for PostgreSQL