Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostgreSQL

As I wtote, I would like restrict access to sensitive or restricted information for some users (eg. hide data of one or more clients for some database users).

My question is: do you know some other solution to do that ?

Some 3rd party solution eg. similar to pgpool or something else ?

Maybe RLS is the beat solution for me.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Wiadomość napisana przez Stephen Frost <sfrost@xxxxxxxxxxx> w dniu 08.02.2023, o godz. 01:36:

Greetings,

* Joseph Kennedy (joseph.kennedy.486@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
Thank you Laurenz, I just wanted to make sure.

Do you know any alternative solution to RLS ?

... to do what?  If you want to limit the set of rows that a given user
can see, RLS is how to do that.  If you want to limit the schemas or
tables that a user can see, that isn't possible in PG today (though
there was some interest a while back in making that work via RLS on the
catalogs which you might be able to find).

Thanks,

Stephen