Search Postgresql Archives

Opportunity for clarification on ODBC options

I'm  setting my options for my DNS-less connection using
https://odbc.postgresql.org/docs/config.html
and
https://odbc.postgresql.org/docs/config-opt.html

I found it interesting that the sample at the bottom of the first page had options that don't exist on the second page.
Namely, B4, B5, D4. I hope those are not important.

The second page has options that are nowhere mentioned on the first page, and vice-versa.

"Recognize unique indexes" is there as "UniqueIndex", but no indication of the proper keyword to include it in the connection string.

CX - Abbreviate doesn't seem to have a corresponding entry in the descriptions on page 1, and from some of the samples I found, seems like a bit field, but no indication of possible options to use.

And lastly, one of the ODBC dialog boxes I saw had a checkbox for Keyset query optimization, but no discussion on either page.
Same with Distributed Transaction settings.

Seems like, in an ideal world, there would be one page with the description and that description would include the keyword and possible options for each setting.

Hope that helps,
Brad.