Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Best Open Source OS for Postgresql

Hello Giovanni,

it depends,
do you know a truly open source os without proprietary blobs for firmware or device drivers?

Debian used to try to make a clear separation in this with 'main' being the default section when installing,
unfortunately this practically no longer applies to proprietary firmware if i understand it correctly, unless you check yourself:
https://www.debian.org/vote/2022/vote_003
vs before:
https://www.debian.org/releases/squeeze/i386/release-notes/ch-whats-new.en.html#nonfree-firmware
which i guess is still the case?, but now it gets loaded/installed by default
(easy functionality over open source)

I would choose a distro with LTS (long term support),
as the last post mentions Ubuntu and Mint,
this would only apply to Ubuntu LTS (or up in the family tree Debian LTS)

i have had good experiences with the link from Brent,
but i imagine other serious LTS distros should work well as well

hth,
Wim