Search Postgresql Archives

Does statement_timeout apply to commit?

I have a patroni cluster running in sync mode and at least 2 nodes should be synced for commit. Now I brought down one node, so only one slave is in sync, and then write a java program to write the data to primary in autocommit = false mode, I set statement_timeout to 10, hopping the jave will throw exception after 10 seconds after I send a commit command to postgresq, but after 10 seconds, it didn't throw any exception, so looks like statement_timeout doesn't apply to commit. Is that theory right?.