Search Postgresql Archives

Re: postgres large database backup

Am 30.11.22 um 20:01 schrieb Mladen Gogala:
On 11/30/22 10:40, Atul Kumar wrote:
Hi,

I have a 10TB database running on postgres 11 version running on centos 7 "on premises", I need to schedule the backup of this database in a faster way.

The scheduled backup will be used for PITR purposes.

Well, that depends on your configuration details. Is your DB located on a SAN device or JBOD?

You could also use a filesystem that can do atomic snapshots - like ZFS.

However, I'm wondering why none of the previous respondents mentioned it? Sure, ZFS may have its own performance implications... but my experience is that it makes "safety snapshots" and "on-demand throw-away testing environments" very convenient to use.

Best regards,

    -hannes