Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Dead-end in PostgreSQL 8.0 fresh installation (while

Jarkko Elfving <jarelf@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> One more question: Tom Laine suggest me to switching off the SE-Linux
> policy enforcement (I will upgrade my system reqularly, so I think that
> I have the latest versions of SE-Linux - I hope) - but, is this SE-Linux
> how important service? Friend of my do not use SE-Linux policy at all (I
> think).

I think SELinux is important in the long run, but as of Fedora Core 3
it's definitely bleeding-edge stuff with bugs in it.  If you just want
to get your work done you might prefer to turn it off.  I usually run
with it set to "permissive" mode, which logs violations in syslog but
doesn't actually prevent anything.

			regards, tom lane

    (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)