Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Seeking the correct term of art for the (unique) role that is usually called "postgres"—and the mental model that underlies it all

On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 6:33 PM Bryn Llewellyn <bryn@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The descriptive designation "the role that owns the SQL part of the implementation of PostgreSQL" is too much of a mouthful for daily use.

Don't think it's documented but I like "bootstrap user" which I've seen bandied about here a bit.

It isn't that special but if the bootstrap user name and o/s user name are not the same name then you've broken an almost universal convention that exists to make stuff like logging it with peer authentication work better.

David J.