Search Postgresql Archives

Aw: Re: I slipped up so that no existing role allows connection. Is rescue possible?

> Yes, after Tom's hint, a search for "single-user" took me to that page. But, beginner as I am,
> I didn't know that single-user mode was the thing that I needed. I need a remedial class.
> Something like "PostgreSQL for those whose mental model has been conditioned by decades of working with Oracle Database".

I think it's normal to not know the Ins and Outs of a ... new software.

And that's the point why that class should be an easy one: Drop the idea that PG works like Oracle 101.

Then, read the manual, back to cover. Yes, one will forget most of what's
written there. However, a coarse structure of a new mental model will form.

Karsten