Search Postgresql Archives

Re: lippq client library and openssl initialization: PQinitOpenSSL()

Sebastien Flaesch <sebastien.flaesch@xxxxxxx> writes:
> The PostgreSQL doc says that if the application code is initializing OpenSSL, it should tell PostgreSQL libpq client library that OpenSSL initialization is already done:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/libpq-ssl.html#LIBPQ-SSL-INITIALIZE
> I was wondering if this is still true with OpenSSL 1.1.0+

Don't believe so.  The HAVE_CRYPTO_LOCK stuff is all obsolete and
not compiled if you built against 1.1.0.  The only thing left that
will happen if you don't call PQinitOpenSSL is an extra call to
OPENSSL_init_ssl, which should be harmless as far as I can see
from the OpenSSL docs.

			regards, tom lane