Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Corrupted Postgresql Microsoft Binaries

On 8/29/22 07:50, Hillary Masha wrote:
After further investigation, it was determined that the issue was with the length of the path of some subdirectories in the zip file for the new binaries. Windows has a max path length of 260 characters, hence the issue with unzipping.
Postgres V 14.3 had a max file path length of 226
image.png
Postgres V 14.5 has a max file path length of 321
image.png

My team uses powershell v5 in our code to unzip these files, we needed to enable 'Long Path' for the files to be successfully unzipped. This

Hmm, this must be a MS client software fix as non-MS products don't have this issue when unzipping. I see the long directory in the archive unzipped by 7-zip.

was added as an opt-in by Microsoft for Windows 10 (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/maximum-file-path-limitation?tabs=powershell <https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/maximum-file-path-limitation?tabs=powershell>). Note that the files were successfully unzipped in Powershell v7 without making any changes.

On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 5:36 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx