Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Would it be possible to add functions to tab-completion in psql?

On 16.08.22 16:14, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
Specifically, I'd ask what is the harm of increasing what tab completion
can do by a lot - for example, make it tab-complete fields from all
tables. And make it possible to tab-complete column name anywhere in
where clause. But function name in select would be (for me(!)) great
first step, and I can't really see the drawbacks, aside from using
developer time to work on it.

I think in this case it would be straightforward to write a patch and then we can see what the experience is in practice. I agree this could be a useful feature.