Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Connecting to postgres on OSX from Swift using PostgresClientKit

On 2022-08-01 01:02, Tom Lane wrote:
howardnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
On 2022-07-31 23:42, Rob Sargent wrote:
On 7/31/22 16:40, howardnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I can successfully connect using psql and/pgadmin, but when I try
and connect in code I get the following error:
[Connection-1 Severe] Unable to connect socket: Error Code:
-9989(0x2705), Operation not permitted

Maybe add config.host = "localhost"?

Thanks, tried localhost, 127.0.0.1 and ::128. No joy

Don't know much about Swift, but it wouldn't surprise me if that
code is running in some kind of sandbox that disallows IP
connections by default.

Swift/Xcode is new to me too!

Also, does psql work when you say "psql -h localhost"?  It's
possible that your server isn't listening on localhost, or
there's a firewall there.  Your working connections could all be
via Unix sockets, from what little you've said so far.

			regards, tom lane

Using psql, i can successfully connect to localhost. In the postgresql.conf the listen address is *. The application was installed from the EDB installer; not sure about firewalls on sandboxes in this situation.

Howard