Search Postgresql Archives

Re: AIX and EAGAIN on open()

On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 9:53 PM Christoph Berg
<christoph.berg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> IBM's reply to the issue back in December 2020 was this:
>
>   The man page / infocenter document is not intended as an exhaustive
>   list of all possible error codes returned and their circumstances.
>   "Resource temporarily unavailable" may also be returned for
>   O_NSHARE, O_RSHARE with O_NONBLOCK.
>
> Afaict, PG does not use these flags either.
>
> We also ruled out that the system is using any anti-virus or similar
> tooling that would intercept IO traffic.
>
> Does anything of that ring a bell for someone? Is that an AIX bug, a
> PG bug, or something else?

No clue here.  Anything unusual about the file system (NFS etc)?  Can
you truss/strace the system calls, to sanity check the flags arriving
into open(), and see if there's any unexpected other activity around
open() calls that might be coming from something you're linked
against?