Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Connect to specific cluster on command line

On Wednesday, May 25, 2022, Carsten Klein <c.klein@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

pg_lsclusters is not part of core Postgres, and neither is this
--cluster option you mention.  I'm vaguely aware that some packager
(Debian I think) has added an overlay of that sort; but you'd need
to consult the package-level documentation not the community docs
in order to find out more.

Sorry, my fault, it's Debian/Ubuntu. Actually they must have added the --cluster option to the PG programs through source code patches...

IIRC they write wrapper scripts they put into the version-agnostic bin directory that deal with the version/cluster-name scheme they’ve setup before calling the core commands located in the version-specific install directory.

David J.