Search Postgresql Archives

Re: psql connect over ssl load balancer

Ah, thanks.
This will make thing more complex.

On 23.05.2022 20:32, Tom Lane wrote:
"dzagashev@xxxxxxxxx" <dzagashev@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
I want to secure connections to postgress server usings SSL.
My server is deployed on google cloud behind SSL load balancer, which
terminates SSL connections (using SSL certificates, issued by google)
and forwards decrypted traffic to the posgres server.
But standard psql client don't working:
$ PGSSLMODE=require psql -h proxy.softvisio.net

That isn't going to work, because PG wraps the SSL handshake inside
its own protocol.  You could set up an SSL tunnel and let psql think
it's making a non-encrypted connection.

			regards, tom lane