Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Who am I? Where am I connected?

On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 3:08 AM Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Once connected, can I find out all aspects of the connection string?
Or where they came from, like a pgpass.conf or service file?

How to get the host, port, db name once connected?
SHOW and pg_settings does not appear to be it, at first glance.

The server has no clue how the values sent to it came into existence - nor should it.

Whether and how any particular client might expose this kind of debugging information (or upgrade it to proper state info) is up to the client.  I do not know what options psql offers.

David J.