Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Backing up a DB excluding certain tables

On 4/27/22 15:45, JORGE MALDONADO wrote:
Is this the correct way to answer when you say that I must *keep the list cc'd*? I am not sure if I only have to reply to the *pgsql-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pgsql-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>* list or also include individual emails like yours and Adrian's.

I have tried many ways to make this pg_dump command work without success. I just do not know what is going on. The last test I performed was as follows which only excludes 1 table in the *riopoderoso* schema but it did not work. Such a table is included in the resulting backup plain format file.

*pg_dump -E win1252 -f c:/temp/respaldo.backup -n riopoderoso -F p -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres -W -s -T 'riopoderoso."AspNetRoleClaims"' riopoderoso*

Using the command line client psql what does:

show client_encoding ;
show server_encoding ;

return?

Also in psql what does:

\dt riopoderoso."Asp"*

return?

FYI, -n riopoderoso and the riopoderoso in 'riopoderoso."AspNetRoleClaims"' are redundant.

If there are any additional comments please let me know. I will keep trying. It is important to exclude these tables because they are created and managed by other means. Such tables are part of the authentication feature included in ASP.NET <http://ASP.NET> Core.

With respect,
Jorge Maldonado

--
Adrian Klaver