Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Privilege error with c functions during postgresql upgrade from 11 -> 13

On 4/27/22 7:51 AM, Dives, Chloe wrote:
I am doing a test run of upgrading a postgresql instance from v11 to v13 and am hitting the following error:

*pg_restore: while PROCESSING TOC:*

*pg_restore: from TOC entry 13902; 0 0 ACL FUNCTION "bt_index_check"("index" "regclass") rolename1*

*pg_restore: error: could not execute query: ERROR:  role "16416" does not exist*

How are you doing the upgrade, using pg_upgrade or pg_dump/pg_restore?

If pg_dump then what version did you use to do the dump 11 or 13.

If you are restoring just a single database did you do pg_dumpall -g to fetch the globals(roles, etc) from the 11 instance and then use psql to restore those to the 13 instance?

This role does not appear to exist in the database, and I suspect that id belonged to one of the dbadmin team who has recently left. I was also hitting this same error for pg_buffercache_pages() as well. They are both c functions stored in libdir.

Can anyone point me towards where pg_dump is getting these outdated permissions from please?

Thanks!

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx