Search Postgresql Archives

Handling glibc v2.28 breaking changes

Hello everyone,

I am sure this has been discussed multiple times in the past but I would like to initiate this discussion again. I have 3 nodes cluster of Postgres v9.6. They all are currently running on Debian 9 (with glibc v2.24) and need to upgrade them to Debian 10 (with glibc v2.28) without downtime. In order to bypass the glibc issue, I am trying to evaluate whether I can compile glibc v2.24 on Debian 10, pin postgres to use this manually compiled glibc and upgrade the linux distribution in rolling fashion. I would like to know how others have achieved such distro upgrades without downtime. I am new to Postgres so please pardon my ignorance.

Thank you for your help.
Best regards,
Pradeep