Search Postgresql Archives

Re: function defined (or not), more worries on version 10->14 upgrade

On 4/15/22 10:14, Tom Lane wrote:
Rob Sargent <robjsargent@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
The function in question is working but I'm having trouble getting at
it's current definition and the possibility that there are more v10->v14
issues in this database.  The last ERROR: below seems to me "a system
thing"(tm)

Hmm, it looks like \df does not cope well with spaces in the argument
list:

regression=# \df genome_threshold_mono(text,text,double)
                        List of functions
  Schema | Name | Result data type | Argument data types | Type
--------+------+------------------+---------------------+------
(0 rows)

regression=# \df genome_threshold_mono(text,text, double)
ERROR:  invalid regular expression: parentheses () not balanced

It's sending the server a bogus pattern in the second case.
I've not looked at the code yet, but this does seem like a
psql (not server) bug.

Seems it also has another white space problem:

\df upc_check_digit()
                              List of functions
Schema | Name | Result data type | Argument data types | Type
--------+-----------------+-------------------+-----------------------+------
public | upc_check_digit | character varying | upc character varying | func

\df upc_check_digit ()
                       List of functions
 Schema | Name | Result data type | Argument data types | Type
--------+------+------------------+---------------------+------
(0 rows)

\df upc_check_digit(varchar)
                       List of functions
 Schema | Name | Result data type | Argument data types | Type
--------+------+------------------+---------------------+------
(0 rows)

\df upc_check_digit (varchar)
                              List of functions
Schema | Name | Result data type | Argument data types | Type
public | upc_check_digit | character varying | upc character varying | func
(1 row)

			regards, tom lane

--
Adrian Klaver