Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Problem with PG 11 database on OrangePi3 (ARMBIAN, ARM64) after disk disrupion (problem with USB disk connection)

On 4/6/22 11:04 AM, W.P. wrote:
W dniu 06.04.2022 o 18:54, Ron pisze:

I know about restoring backup. I just don't have one (at least with reasonnable age), as it is experimental installation. (Didn't ever been thinking about locating production DB on USB drive :) ).

If it is experimental you could try pg_resetwal:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/app-pgresetwal.html

Read all the way through for the ifs/ands/buts.

If it is not possible to get rid ("somehow") of this "replication error", I will do a "logic restore" -> I have similar database on my laptop, so I'll get a pg_dumpall from this one, then recreate fresh DB on OPi and restore from SQL.

It looks that DATA in PG DB is protected by various mechanisms very well, but "dictionary data" (in this case replication data) is not (as much). And in my case ext4 recovery mechanisms failed.

This makes me logical replication more appealing.

Laurent

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx