Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Max_connection

On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 2:39 PM Daulat <daulat.dba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As I know, each PostgreSQL connection consumes RAM for managing the connection or the client using it. The more connections, the more RAM.
I have a machine having 124 GB RAM and 16 CPU with SSD storage.
Currently, 1200 connections are set but this value is low according to my application. hence, I am looking to know the criteria/thumb rule of deciding max_connection limit in postgres.

I feel, we need to increase the shared buffer too while increasing the connections. I don't have idea still, we need to increase kernel.shmmax also?

Thanks