Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Using a different column name in a foreign table

Alanoly Andrews <alanolya@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> But...in the case of FT definition, the quotes are mandatory after column_name in options. And it is a single quote.

Right.  That string literal is not case-folded, so it has to accurately
match the actual spelling of the remote column name.  Anything else we
might do there would either make things even more confusing, or prevent
you from accessing mixed-case remote names at all.

(Well, maybe we could ignore the SQL standard's mandate that column
option values be string literals, but that's just setting ourselves
up for future problems.)

			regards, tom lane