Search Postgresql Archives

Backup strategy

Hi,

I am setting up the backup strategy for my database.

The database contains around 25 tables containing quite a lot of data that
does not change very much (and when it does it is changed by me). And around
20 tables containing data which will be created and updated by the users
regularly.

I would like to backup the two sets of data separately at different
intervals. The first set only when I update it and the second set several
times per day.

Would it be best to set up a separate schema for the "static" tables? If so
what would be the simplest and safest way to transfer these tables into a
new schema?

Thanks for any help

Adam

believed to be clean.