Search Postgresql Archives

Re: List all tables from a specific database

On 14/01/2022 10:39, Flaviu2 wrote:
I work on a project that use Postgre SQL, and I have 0 experience in this regard. I hope to get help here. I need two SQL scripts for Postgre:

1. Get all databases, which I aquired already:

*SELECT datname FROM pg_database WHERE datistemplate = false*

This one is functional, it's ok.

2. Now, I need to find all tables *under a specific* database. This one I don't know how to achieve it. Can you help me here ? It is possible ?

If it's any help, running psql with the -E switch will show you the SQL which psql generates... so then (within psql) issuing the \dt command to list tables will show you the SQL used.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell // Galway // Ireland
ray@xxxxxxxxxxxx