Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Multiline plpython procedure

Tom Lane wrote:

Hong Yuan <hongyuan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I suppose there are some invisible characters inserted into the function body by pgAdmin.

Seems like it must be. You could try pg_dump'ing both versions of the function and comparing the output files byte-by-byte.

Be sure to let the pgAdmin guys know what you find out.  I'm sure they
are not intentionally trying to break plpython.  (Python is, however,
very far out in left field in considering the amount of whitespace to
be semantically significant.  I personally won't use it voluntarily
because of that one reason...)

regards, tom lane

Following your direction, I did a byte-by-byte comparasion of the dump files of the two different version. The sole difference is that in the working version, the line break is represented the unix way as one 0x0a, while in the non-working version the line break is the Windows/Dos version of 0x0d, 0x0a.

I am no longer sure whether this is a problem of Postgres or of pgAdmin. Maybe it is just one database configuration?

Best regards

--
HONG Yuan
Homemaster Trading Co., Ltd.