Search Postgresql Archives

Re: insert column monetary type ver 2

On 11/21/21 19:21, Ron wrote:

Which means *that* is broken.

Especially since money is a type we advise people avoid anyway.  We can just add this to the list of reasons why.

Why then does the money type exist?  At the very least, why isn't it deprecated?

It was at one point:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/datatype-money.html

Not entirely sure why it was revived. You can search the mailing list archive for discussions on this.

Bottom line is if you don't want surprises use numeric and format the output on the client side.

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx