Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PQexecParams and CURSOR

"Laurent Marzullo" <laurent.marzullo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Ok so here is the full TEST program I try to run:

I think you are running into an issue that was fixed during the 8.0
development cycle.  From the CVS logs:

	Allow DECLARE CURSOR to take parameters from the portal in which it
	is executed.  Previously, the DECLARE would succeed but subsequent
	FETCHes would fail since the parameter values supplied to DECLARE
	were not propagated to the portal created for the cursor.  In
	support of this, add type Oids to ParamListInfo entries, which
	seems like a good idea anyway since code that extracts a value can
	double-check that it got the type of value it was expecting.
	Oliver Jowett, with minor editorialization by Tom Lane.

So what you are trying to do will work in 8.0 but not in 7.4.

			regards, tom lane

      joining column's datatypes do not match