Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostgreSQL 14: pg_dump / pg_restore error: could not write to the communication channel: Broken pipe

Thank you for all the feedback and suggestions.

It seems that the "-h localhost" parameter is triggering the issue. If I leave it out, pg_restore works without problems with multiple jobs. I have also tried specifying the IP number instead of "localhost", but that results in the same error.

I see now that our original pg_restore script does not include the -h parameter. Somehow, it has snuck in my commands when testing Postgres 14. That might mean that the same issue exists in previous versions as well. I will investigate further.

Nick