Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Force re-compression with lz4

I did look into VACUUM(full) for it’s PROCESS_TOAST option which makes sense, but the thing is I already had a cron-ed VACUUM (full) which I ended up disabling a while back; exactly because of the double-space requirement.
The DB has already a 1TB size and occupying another 600MB would require some hassle. Thus, the external script approach makes more sense.