Search Postgresql Archives

Re: JOB | DBA (Canada)

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 5:37 PM Gavin Flower <GavinFlower@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 15/10/21 02:00, James Tobin wrote:
> Hello, we are working with an employer that is looking to hire someone
> capable of managing Mongo and Sybase databases at their office in
> Canada.  Consequently, I had hoped that some members of this list may
> like to discuss further.  Kind regards, James

If they wanted people from this list the they should upgrade to
PostgreSQL, they'll find PostgreSQL faster and more reliable than
Mongo.  I suspect  the same might true for Sybase, but I've never done a
detailed comparison.

Indeed.  MongoDB has some interesting features like capped collections which make it useful as a cache, but my experience always leaves me feeling like performance and scalability are lacking.

Cheers,
Gavin

--
Best Wishes,
Chris Travers

Efficito:  Hosted Accounting and ERP.  Robust and Flexible.  No vendor lock-in.
http://www.efficito.com/learn_more