Search Postgresql Archives

Re: GIN index

Hi,

Why exactly are you starting a new thread again, instead of continuing in the thread you started a couple days ago?

A couple recommendations:

1) I find it unlikely you'll get a lot of help unless you provide a way to reproduce the issue easily. That is, something people can build and test on their own. Posting incomplete chunks of code means we'd have to spend time filling in the gaps, etc. Sorry, not going to happen.

Create an extension that we can build/install easily, include a SQL script reproducing the issue.

2) The code is incomplete, e.g. hex2char/char2hex are missing. And the calls seems to be the other way around. I'd expect geomgrid_in to transform hex string to binary, but it calls Char2Hex.

3) AFIAK there's nothing like CREATE FUNCTION ... NOT FENCED ..., so it seems you're using some sort of fork. In that case you should probably ask them.

4) Don't post backtraces as screenshots. Copy them as text, attach them as a text file.

5) Continue in the thread you already started, otherwise it's impossible to follow the discussion.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company