Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Error: server closed the connection unexpectedly

On 10/10/21 13:06, Ron wrote:
On 10/10/21 3:00 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Ron <ronljohnsonjr@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
This is AWS RDS Postgresql.  The db server log is accessed via a web
interface, and is /the/ postgresql log just like you see in vanilla Postgresql. I've attached it.  My attempt to connect happened some time between between
04:10:30 and 04:17:30.
Hm.  Not much there.  You might try turning on log_connections to be
sure,

I'll do that.

  but what this looks like is that the connection request never
got to the server.  Maybe you've got some middleware involved, like
pgpool or some other connection pooler?

If so, it must be something hidden by AWS, because I never installed it.

The crazy thing is that coworkers with accounts on the same VM can connect to the instance just fine.  (Yes, we use the exact same command to connect, as a test.)

Are the AWS security groups set up correctly.

See here:

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/UserGuide/CHAP_Troubleshooting.html#CHAP_Troubleshooting.Connecting

--
Adrian Klaver