Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Gist fastbuild and performances

Hi, thanks for the answer.

I ran the same scipt on both sides at first.
Then I switched to a COPY because the CREATE TABLE generates random data.
Since I got weird results, I wanted to be sure I had the same data on both versions.

I ran the tests several times (and even asked a collegue to do it on his laptop) with the same results.

I totally agree that the query time are small and difficult to compare (but they are consistent across runs).
I am just surprised that we have to access x17 pages for the same result on version 14. On bigger queries
it could count. I just wanted to know if it's a know tradeoff of this new feature.