Search Postgresql Archives

Re: how to merge two postgresql server instances into one

On 10/6/21 2:58 AM, Marco Lechner wrote:
Hi,

how to merge two postgresql server instances into one? I have a postgresql-11 and -12 instance on my server and want to upgrade both (pg_upgrade?) into one postgresql-14 instance.

The bigger issue will be the merge. Define what that means in this context?

The postgresql-14 instance does not exist yet (fresh install of postgresql-14 server packages). Using pg_upgrade to upgrade the larger one and pg_dumpall/pg_restore for the smaller one? Or are there any other nice recommended workflows?

i.A. Dr. Marco Lechner

Leiter Fachgebiet RN 1 │ Head RN 1

--

Bundesamt für Strahlenschutz │ Federal Office for Radiation Protection

Koordination Notfallschutzsysteme │ Coordination Emergency Systems │ RN 1

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx