Search Postgresql Archives

Re: create a new GIN index for my own type

On 10/4/21 8:30 AM, huangning290@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi:
I created a new data type, and then I wanted to create a GIN index for it, but when I created the index, the program would crash 。
The version of postgresql is 9.6。

The following is part of the code, and I also refer to the code of intarray.

I doubt anyone is going to investigate this unless you provide a more complete example - something like an extension where people can do "make install" without having to fill in various pieces of code.

To investigate the crash, you need to attach a debugger to the backend and run the CREATE INDEX (or whatever triggers the crash). The debugger should catch the segfault and you'll be able to identify where exactly it crashes and why (and investigate).

1) first get PID of the backend

  SELECT pg_backend_pid();

2) then attach a debugger to the backend

  gdb -p $PID
  (gdb) c

3) run the CREATE INDEX query

4) get backtrace from the debugger