Search Postgresql Archives

Re: ERROR: unrecognized node type

On 9/29/21 8:37 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Unless folks are using plain text only email readers. That is why
screenshots are generally a bad idea for textual information. For the
record the Postgres version is 12.8.

Hmm, if it's v12 then NodeTag 223 is T_List, which is ... a bit
surprising.  That's a common enough node type that "oversight"
doesn't seem to fly as an explanation.

I don't think we'll be able to make progress on this without a
lot more detail.  A self-contained example that triggers it
would be very useful; or maybe you could get a backtrace from
the point of the error?

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Generating_a_stack_trace_of_a_PostgreSQL_backend

A handy trick for similar cases (not mentioned in the wiki) is to set

SET log_error_verbosity = verbose;

and then trigger the error. This logs the exact location (file:line) where the error is printed, and then set a breakpoint to that place. Makes it easier to generate the backtrace.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company