Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Azure Postgresql High connection establishment time

On 9/20/21 10:37 AM, Abhay Gupta wrote:
Hello Tom

Thanks for taking time in looking into this for us. Apologies for not providing any required data.

Yes, Azure postgresql has a private endpoint attached to it so it is going through a private link. Also the server has 2 vcore and 5gb. Since currently we are in development phase there is no load on the server at all. No encryption and in the connection string we are passing the user and password. It is Ssl enabled. To negate it is Azure issue, we installed postgresql 11 on our on prem server and there also we are seeing a connection latency of about 150-200 ms.

We are only opening 1 connection in our application i.e. after all the work is done for that user session than only we close the connection.

If you could assist in what we can check will be very helpful.

Per upstream comment take a look at connection pooling.

Two solutions that come to mind:

Pgpool-II

https://www.pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page

PgBouncer