Search Postgresql Archives

Re: OID Usage

Uh, sorry, my mistake ! I had put SERIAL instead of an INTEGER in the table definition !

	You just removed a bug in my schema ;)

On Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 09:02:12AM +0100, PFC wrote:

As a sidenote, I have a table with a primary key which is not a
sequence, and this query displays the non-existing sequence name. It would
be easy to check if the sequence exists (yet another join !), only display
sequences that exist ;)...

Hmmm...that's odd, since the query gets the sequence name through a series of inner joins that go back go pg_class -- if the sequence doesn't exist then where is the name coming from? I did notice that the query should add "AND attisdropped IS FALSE" to the join with pg_attribute, but I don't see how that would affect this case.

Can you spot where the mistake is?  What does "\d tablename" show
for the table in question?

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend