Search Postgresql Archives

Re: use fopen unknown resource

On 8/27/21 3:50 PM, ourdiaspora wrote:

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On Friday, August 27th, 2021 at 11:10 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

https://www.php.net/manual/en/pdo.pgsqlcopyfromfile.php

"
public PDO::pgsqlCopyFromFile(
     string $table_name,
     string $filename,
"

Sorry but do not understand; the line does not explain what to write in the php file.

I'm not a PHP programmer, but I'm going to say it is filename as described here:

https://www.php.net/manual/en/function.fopen.php

" filename

    If filename is of the form ...
"

The plan is to write an html file for a user to select a csv file to import into a database. The manual suggests that the file name is already known (e.g. https://www.php.net/manual/en/function.fgetcsv.php)

You are asking the user to select a file, so there should be some sort of file reference at that point, correct?

Same for below.

Instead of:
"
fopen("test.csv", "r"))
"

it would _not_ be possible to write, correct?:
"
fopen("", "r"))

--
Adrian Klaver